Miniature Fibre Optic Power Meter
The Mini Power Meter is a simple tool developed for checking the signal output power of the optical communication equipment in fibre optic networks. It measures the average power of a continuous light beam which emits from the equipments or other optic sources. The power meter is available in two options Multimode (850-1300nm) and Singlemode (1310-1625nm) wavelengths.
The Fibre meter uses a solid state InGaAs photo diode to detect signal power, power is displayed on a 2 digit or 3 digit LED display.
To operate the unit a fiber cable is connected between the transmission port of the equipment or light source and the universal adaptor interface on the Fiber Meter. The universal adaptor can accept all 2.5mm ferruled connectors (SC/FC/ST/E2000/DIN). The power meter will show the exact amount of the received power value in –dBm.
A simple adaptor can be used to step down from 2.5 mm to 1.25 mm, offering users the ability to test 1.25 mm fibre connectors (LC/MU). The Power meter is equally suitable to PC, UPC and APC polished connector end faces.
- Robust & handy design with LED digits reading.
- Easy to check signal Multimode 850 nm / 1300 nm output power.
- Easy to check signal Singlemode 1310 nm / 1490 nm / 1550 nm output power.
- Universal 2.5 mm to 1.25 mm adaptor for SC / ST / FC / LC / MU Connector.
- 2 Digits / 3 Digits resolution and Low Voltage Battery warning LED display.
- Measuring power in Multimode 850 nm / 1300 nm within -30 dBm ~ -10 dBm ranges.
- Measuring power in Single Mode 1310 nm / 1490 nm / 1550 nm within -40 dBm ~ +5 dBm ranges.